E-learning is an education system that provides formalised teaching or training with the help of electronic resources. It mostly utilizes the internet and computers in order to provide a flexible learning environment in and outside the classroom.
Features of E-learning Software
Usually known as a learning management system, the main features of an e-learning software include-
- Course Publishing & Assessment: A standard e-learning software comes with the ability to create, design and publish courses with pre-designed templates. It also has features to assess learning.
- Data Migration: If you are replacing your analogue training methods with an e-learning software, data migration features with support for a broad range of file types can be very useful and time effective.
- Customizable Reporting: With analytic tools to create and analyse performance based reporting, an e-learning software facilitates performance and engagement tracking of your learners.
- Brand Integration: Most of top e-learning softwares comes with the ability to integrate your brand logo and design templates into the courses. Some of them has social media integration built-into them too.
Benefits of E-learning Software
- Cost- & Time-Effective: By removing the need for on-site instructors, classroom spaces and printed materials; a learning or content management system can save companies a lot of money in training. With automation and easily accessible features, it also can save a lot of time.
- Improved Performance: With flexibility to learn at your own pace from anywhere, e-learning can make the training more effective in improving performance and productivity of your employees.
- Environmentally Friendly: As an alternative to paper-based learning, e-learning minimizes negative impacts on the environment. Therefore, it helps to comply with the company’s social responsibility strategies.