Have you ever wondered about the largest charities in the UK? Wonder no more! Here is a quick summary of the ten largest.
- Cancer Research UK: From funding research to supporting doctors and patients, Cancer Research UK works to tackle one of the world’s most malignant diseases.
- British Heart Foundation: Spending 75% of their funds on research, they work to find a cure and tackle the risk factors causing heart-related disease.
- Sightsavers International: Along with treating and preventing sight-related diseases, they also fight to ensure equal rights for people with visual impairments and other disabilities.
- Macmillan Cancer Support: By offering physical, emotional and financial support to the cancer patients, Macmillan helps the affected in every step of their recovery journey.
- Oxfam: In the aftermath of a natural or human caused disaster, Oxfam provides life-saving essentials all over the world. They also work to empower the affected people in the long term.
- RNLI: By searching and rescuing people at sea and in flood-affected areas, Royal Navy Lifeboat Institution works to make our bodies of water safer for everyone.
- Salvation Army: In addition to its work teaching about Christianity worldwide, the Salvation Army provides a wide variety of support services to the poor, the homeless, and the elderly in the UK and elsewhere.
- British Red Cross: From helping people to tackle loneliness to supporting asylum seekers, Red Cross is there to help in almost any kind of humanitarian need.
- RSPCA: The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals works to end animal cruelty by educating people and providing care to animals in need.
- Save the Children: In any humanitarian crisis, they work to save the lives of children.