Top Self-Storage Options in the UK
Self-service storage, or self-storage is a popular option for people who are moving, or who just need extra space in their home. With the right service provider, it can be a very convenient and secure way to store your items away from home. Which company should you go with? Here are our top picks.
- SafeStore: Based in 117 locations across the UK, you are sure to find a SafeStore facility nearby. With 24/7 accessibility, a sole key system, CCTV surveillance and intruder alarm systems, SafeStore is very convenient and secure. They offer units from 10-500 square feet.
- Big Yellow Self Storage: With 96 storage facilities, Big Yellow offers units sized between 10–400 square feet. They also have warehouse facilities for businesses. All of their units are individually alarmed and secured by a unique PIN. They also have extensive surveillance facilities including an external security team.
- SpaceWays: SpaceWays offers a door-to-door storage system, collecting your possessions from your home and returning them to you when you need them again. They offer storage boxes with a 67 litre capacity and charge according to the number of boxes used. Each of their boxes comes with an individual barcode for tracking purposes.
- LoveSpace: Similar to SpaceWays, they provide an all-inclusive service and charge according to the number of boxes used. However, there is a limit on how many boxes you can store in their facilities, making it more suitable for smaller items.
- Access Self Storage: With a combination of different lock systems, fenced perimeters and 24/7 CCTV surveillance; it is one of the most secure self-storage solutions. They have 55 facilities and offer units from 9-500 square feet.