Do You Really Need to Hire an Electrician?
Tags :homehome carehome securityhousehouse alarm
There are some important, but risky household electrical jobs that you should definitely consider hiring an electrician for.
While replacing a faulty bulb isn’t very dangerous, changing a switchboard is. Therefore, the responsibility for major jobs like this should be left to a trained electrician. Below is a list of household tasks that you should leave to the professionals.
- Installing or changing a light fixture is a tricky task which requires you to meet local codes and additional safety requirements. While it can be done by non-professionals, you are probably better off leaving it to an electrician.
- While small appliances like a microwave can just be plugged in, major electrical appliances like air conditioners, electric ovens, heating units, geysers, etc. should be installed by a professional.
- There are a number of large appliances, like fridges, which you can plug in yourself. However, if you want to put these appliances in a part of the house where they were not previously, special circuits may need to be installed by an electrician.
- Changing a faulty switch, or installing power outlets and sockets requires some advanced skills and knowledge of local codes.
- There is no other way but to hire an electrician if you need to install residential safety features like a ground connection or a ground fault interrupter (GFI or GFCI)
- Voice, data, and video (VDB) cables are low voltage cables that support internet connections, land phone, entertainment systems, etc. These can be installed by non-professionals, but it is usually done by an electrician.
- Electricians with a specialty in security and surveillance are needed if you are planning to install CCTV, security alarms or fire alarm systems.
PREVIOUS POSTWhat to Expect When Hiring an Electrician
NEXT POSTThe Benefits of Colocation
You Might Also Like
Conveyancing Solicitor Vs. Licensed Conveyancer
There are two types of legal professional who are authorized to provide help while buying or selling a property. While...
Switching Gas and Electric Supplier
Want to switch gas and electric suppliers? Below you will find the first steps you should take to find a...
Live in Care: What to Expect
Are you wondering how to juggle your career and other obligations with taking care of your elderly parent at home?...
What to Expect When Hiring an Electrician
Like plumbers or doctors, hiring an electrician is an integral part of modern life. It is not a straightforward task,...