Ideas for Reducing Stress
Excessive stress is one of the most common problems in our modern life. From increasing workload, to a large amounts of screen time, there are many factors that negatively impact our stress level. Stress can be bad for both physical and mental well-being. Following the three steps below can help to keep stress under control.
Time Management Techniques
Better time management can remove some major causes of stress. There are a number of simple steps you can take to more efficiently manage your time.
- Set clear goals and objectives.
- Honestly analyse how you are spending your time, as well as how much time you have to achieve your goals.
- Get into the habit of listing your priorities for every day from most to least important.
- Remain open to change: planning and goal setting are important, but being flexible helps you remain open to opportunity.
- Procrastination can really eat up your time, so brainstorm ways to beat it. If a simple trick like hiding your phone helps you to get work done, then it is worth doing.
Be Active and Exercise
Making time to stay active can also help to reduce stress.
- Even simple exercises like jogging, stretching and walking can make a huge difference to reduce stress.
- Regular exercise lowers the body’s stress hormones and releases endorphins, the chemical responsible for happiness.
- Exercise also improves the quality of sleep. Lack of sleep can seriously contribute to stress and anxiety.
Make More Time for Relationships
Spending time with friends, loved ones and family also has serious benefits for your stress levels.
- Spending more time with loved ones can bring about a sense of support that helps get you through stressful times.
- Among women in particular, spending time with friends and children has been shown to release a natural stress reliever called oxytocin.