Top 5 3D Printers of 2018
3D printing or additive manufacturing is the process of laying down successive layers of material until an intended object is formed. A 3D printer is going to be most effective if it has the following features among others:
- Ability to operate for many hours
- Good print temperatures
- Can be easily maintained and run
Today, choosing a 3D printer demands one to consider factors like: what you are going to print, the size of objects to be printed, materials to be used, the level of resolution needed, the software to use, how to connect to the printer, and the price, among others. With these factors in mind, the following 3D printers are recommended in 2018.
- Cubify Cube 3 3D printer, whose price starts from £1000. It prints two colours at a time and has a new print jet for every spool.
- Lulzbot Tax 6. Has a large build area and has ability to work for long hours. Price starts from £2390.
- Ultimaker 3. Offers the best quality, and has NFC tags to guide on material selection. Price starts from £3200.
- Creality CR-10. Priced at about £500, this printer offers quality of service only matched by printers double its price.
- Dremel 3D Idea Builder 3D40. Has USB connection, card reader technology among others. Price starts at £944.
As you can see, there are many candidates for the best 3D printers of 2018, and they can be surprisingly affordable.