The Advantages of Double Glazing in Your Home
So, what exactly is double glazing? This is when two panes of glass are used to reduce heat transmission and noise in doors and windows. It is also referred to as insulated glazing. There are several advantages of Double Glazing in your home that are sure to increase comfort.
The first advantage is of course to make the home more comfortable. By using double glazing, the temperature of your home is kept more stable as compared to using cooling/heating systems that have to be switched off and on. This way, the windows will be able to keep warmth in during winter and heat out during the summer.
It increases the value of your home. By having double glazed windows, you will be able to have a good return on the investment. It will actually be desirable for any future buyer who may want an efficiently insulated household. It also reduces interior fading, reduce your carbon footprint, increase security and reduce condensation.
1) Energy cost savings. Since there is less need for cooling and heating systems, there will be a reduction on energy consumption. This will consequently decrease your power bills.
2) Limited condensation. There is a gas inside the double glazed windows that ensure the inside glass is maintained at room temperature reducing excess moisture on window panes.
3) Sound insulation. This ensures a quieter and calmer household. External noise is significantly cut down making your home more peaceful.
4) Safety. Double Glazed windows discourage burglars since it has a toughened exterior pane that is difficult to break making their whole operation compromised since time is their enemy.
5) Reduce damage to furnishings. Moisture allowed to trickle down and damage your furnishings is not allowed with Double Glazing. It also reduces cost of repair or new purchases.
6) Price range. There is no specific quote since the windows are custom made to meet your specific needs. It depends on what you want and for a quote to be made, you will have to consult customer care to describe what you want.
These are just some of the advantages of double glazing in your home.