Thousands of movies are released every year. While some of them are masterpieces, some of them are the complete opposite and are forgotten even before being released. Not to risk watching a bad movie, take a look at our 2015 best movies list right here:
7. It Follows: Like scary movies? Then this one about STDs (yes, you read that right) will leave you feeling suffocated and paranoid by the end.
6. The Big Short: Don’t worry if you know nothing about economy because this movie about the banking world starring Christian Bale, Ryan Gosling, Steve Carell and Brad Pitt, which is a mixture of a comedy and a drama, will definitely keep your entertained.
5. Carol: This is a great story where two women decide to express their love for each other despite living in the United States of the 1950s where such relationships were big taboos.
4. Creed: Remember the ‘Rocky’ saga? Yes, of course you do. This is a great sort of spin-off since it focuses on the life of Adonis Creed, who is the son of Rocky’s rival Apollo.
3. Inside Out: Who said animation films are for children? This movie is not only fun and entertaining, it’s also very deep and talks about different emotions such as joy, fear and anger.
2. Room: For those who love characters that end up feeling like family by the time the movie is over, this film about a young woman and her son who are held prisoners in a little shed by a captor will end up being one of your favourite movies ever.
1. Spotlight: This has been picked by many people as one of the best movies of last year and it also got extremely good reviews. It talks about the newspapers business and about how important it is that we have free press that is able to speak the truth without being dominated and controlled by powerful people.
Make sure you watch most of the films in our 2015 best movies list because you won’t be disappointed!